BL-303 is a free bass synthesizer intended as a tribute to the legendary Roland TB-303. It was originally created for the KVR Developer Challenge 2016 competition.
Version 2.0 includes a more beautiful user interface, sounds better, and behaves more like the original TB-303. The slide is now sliding to the next note and the filter envelope isn’t retriggered. The Accent amount is growing when there are few accent notes in a row.
The sequencer part (including the slide and the accent) is handled with midi notes velocity:
- Shorten the note length a little bit, so it ends slightly before the next note (like the TB).
- Use the Velocity to control the Accent and the Glide.
- Velocity 0 – 9: Slide On
- Velocity 10 – 100: Regular note
- Velocity 101 – 126: Accent On
- Velocity 127: Accent & Slide On
Supported platforms & download
Visit this page for more free VST instruments.