Charlatan is a polyphonic, subtractive virtual analog (VA) synthesizer plugin with a focus on sound quality and easy usability.
Charlatan comes with a flexible, yet not overwhelming feature set which encourages artists to start tweaking instead of just relying on presets. In spite of its simplicity, Charlatan’s architecture is flexible enough to create both classic sounds and rather experimental noises.
While making no compromise about sound quality, the sound engine has been highly optimized for efficient CPU usage making Charlatan well suited as a “bread and butter” synth even in projects with a large number of plugin instances.
- 2 oscillators with shape modulation
- Oscillator hard synchronization and ring modulation
- Unison mode with up to 7 voices and stereo spread
- Stereo noise generator
- 2 ADSR envelope generators
- LFO with host tempo synchronization
- 3 filter types modeled after classic analog hardware: 4-pole (24 db/oct) and 2-pole (12 db/oct) lowpass, bandpass
- 3 voice modes: Monophonic, Monophonic Legato and 8-voice Polyphonic
- Ultra-low CPU usage
Supported platforms & download
Visit this page for more free VST instruments.