Tunefish 4 is a free virtual analog synthesizer instrument plugin by Brain Control.
It is developed to fit into about 10kb of compressed machine code while still producing an audio quality that can compete with commercial synthesizers.
Tunefish 4 was developed as a smaller replacement of Tunefish 3 with roughly the same power, it is however not compatible and uses different synthesis algorithms. It was developed for the 64k intro “Turtles all the way down” by demoscene group Brain Control and is available as VST/AU.
- Available on Windows and Linux as VST (32 and 64 bit) and on Mac as Audio Unit or VST
- Improved UI compared to TF3 which will visualize all modulations
- Uses an additive synthesis based wavetable generator
- The Noise generator can produce any frequency of noise with any bandwidth
- Lowpass, Highpass, Bandpass and an improved Notch filter are available
- 2 ADSRs and 2 LFOs that can be linked to pretty much any important knob using a modulation matrix
- Supported effects are Flanger, Chorus, Distortion, Delay, Reverb, EQ and Formant
- The effects stack allows for any permutation of up to 10 effects
Supported platforms & download
Visit this page for more free VST instruments.